Halloween looks a little different at Walt Disney World this year, but you can still have a festive holiday. We talk about this and more on Episode 24 – “Costumes, Ponchos, and Fanny Packs, Oh My!”
Character cavalcades are a great way to see your favorite characters, without standing in line. These don’t have a set schedule, and the best way to see them all is to stake out a spot near Main Street and Liberty Square.
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet dressed in their Halloween costumes can be found in the Main Street Trolley, and on the balcony of the Crystal Palace
- Jack Skellington, Sally, and Oogie Boogie have their own float, complete with music from the Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Daisy, along with dancers (including Haunted Mansion gravediggers!) with music from the “Boo to You” parade, that normally you can only see if you’re attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Even the villains have their own float and music, “It’s good to be bad!” You can see Jafar, the Evil Queen, Maleficent, the Bowler Hat Guy, Queen of Hearts, Gaston, and Captain Hook.
Characters may also appear on the train station on Main Street, on the balcony above the Country Bear Jamboree, and on the Tomorrowland stage near the Carousel of Progress.
Normally, there are specialty treats that can only be found during the party, but this year you will be able to find treats throughout the day. Here are a few that we tried in the Magic Kingdom:
- The Poison Apple Cupcake – Found at Pinocchio’s Village Haus in Fantasyland. This cupcake is an apple spice cake topped with pecan crunch, frosting, and more frosting! It’s super sweet, you’ll want to bring a friend or 3 to share it with!
- Mickey Pumpkin Waffle Sundae – Found at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. This sundae has vanilla ice cream, a caramel drizzle, sprinkles, whipped cream, and two Mickey shaped pumpkin flavored waffles. The waffles were great, and it was real ice cream, not soft serve.
- Constance’s Wedding Cake – Found at Liberty Square Market. This citrus cake, with raspberry mousse, is topped with a chocolate ax.
- Mickey’s Monster Mash Burger – Found at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland. This burger is topped with Muenster cheese, tater tots, bacon, and sriracha aioli.
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Float – Found at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland. This float is an odd combination of cheesecake flavored soft serve, topped with black raspberry syrup and Coke. It works though, but you’ll probably want to share it with a friend or two.
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, the resort hotels and Disney Springs will all have themed treats as well.
Your family can wear costumes to the park during the day!
A few things to keep in mind for your costume choice:
- You must still wear a face covering, but you can definitely get creative here!
- It will still be really hot in Florida, so make sure your costumes are heat-proof.
- Disney bounding may be a good idea, This is where you dress in the same colors as your favorite character, rather than wearing a full costume. Google “Disney Bounding” for ideas!
Ready for Halloween at Disney? Let us know! Join the conversation on our Facebook page, check us out on Instagram @ears4youpodcast, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org