Is getting into the spirit of Halloween, even though their seasonal event was cancelled. While we won’t get all the scares from Halloween Horror Nights this year, Universal surprised us all by opening two Horror Night houses last weekend! These houses are open during regular park hours during the weekends, and are included in your regular park admission. The houses are Universal Monsters: Bride of Frankenstein Lives, and Revenge of the Tooth Fairy.
Things to know:
- These are horror houses. They are very scary and not recommended for kids younger than 13.
- Virtual queues are being used for the lines, there isn’t a standby line.
- You will still have to stand in line, and the lines are in direct sunlight. Bring an umbrella to create your own shade!
- Also, be sure to have a snack (or bring one with you in line) and use the restrooms before you get in line.
- You don’t have to be in the park to join the virtual queue, you can do it from anywhere on property through the Universal Orlando app.
You can wear costumes in the park! This is very different from normal years where costumes weren’t allowed.
Trick or Treating
In Islands of Adventure, kids age 12 and under can get treats from most of the shops throughout the park. Each shop will be marked with a pumpkin sign. Bags will be provided.
13 shops around Universal Studios have themed scarecrows and skeletons for you to find. Get your map stamped at each location and receive a special treat at the end.
While these events at Universal are only officially announced for the weekend of September 19 – 20, we’re pretty sure they will continue on weekends through September and October.
Are you excited about what’s coming for fall this year, even if it’s a little different than what we’re used to? Join the conversation and let us know! Ears 4 You Facebook group page.
And look for us on Instagram @ears4youpodcast, or shoot us an email at email@example.com
Want to hear more? Be sure to check out our podcast Episode #25 – “Scary Scary Scary and the Great Quick Service Debate – Magic Kingdom Edition”